Thursday, January 14, 2010

Classification Talk for Gene Troehler






















Gene Troehler
Business Development
Rotary member since 1985


I became an Overland Parkite in 1976 when my then-employer transferred my job, and thus me, here. My career pursuits have been in the sales and marketing arena, with involvement over the past several years in the business development area for local engineering firms, with my current employer being Larson Binkley. I am a Chicagoan by birth and upbringing, and an Illini (University of Illinois) and a Husky (Northern Illinois University) by formal education (thus accounting for my lack of zealous, irrational and fanatical exuberance with regard to the Big 12).

Thanks to my elder children, I am a 5x grandfather: my son and his wife have a boy and a girl, my elder daughter and her husband have three girls, and my youngest daughter is now doing graduate work in psychology.

My involvement in Rotary began with my induction into the club in 1985. Across the years I have found my membership to be a most fulfilling experience; such membership truly affords the opportunity to give back in some small measure to one’s community. My activities and involvement in the club consist of having served on several committees, several years on the board of directors, and I was honored to have served as club president in 1996-1997. Insofar as being a Rotarian is concerned, I think playing an active role in our club is the only way one really fully appreciates what being a Rotarian is all about.

No comments: